Workplace – Eye Wellness Month
March is Workplace Eye Wellness Month
Smart phones, laptops, tablets and the other digital devices we use at work and on the go put information at our fingertips. But, these devices and screens can cause digital eyes strain symptoms such as dry eyes, headaches, fatigue, blurred vision and loss of focus.
March is Workplace Eye Wellness Month and we wanted to share 6 steps to help prevent and relieve eye strain from our friends at Vision Source:
6 Ways to Prevent and Relieve Eye Strain
- Adjust your work space – looking down at your workstation can be the ideal position for keeping your eyes comfortable. Make sure you keep your distance between 20 to 24 inches between your eyes and your computer screen. Also, the center of your screen should be about 10 to 15 degrees below your eye level. Adjusting your workstation to these ideal positions will help keep your eyes, back and neck most comfortable.
- Use proper lighting – use curtain, blinds, other window treatments to avoid glare and eye strain.
- Blink more – blinking is healthy and provides your eyes with much needed nutrients and moisture.
- Modify your computer’s display setting – adjust your settings, text size and color temperature to reduce eye strain.
- Take breaks – give your eyes a break from the screen by following the 20/20/20 rule. This will help avoid and relieve digital eye strain. Every 20 minutes, look away from your computer toward something 20 feet away and focus on it for at least 20 seconds.
If you are struggling from digital eye strain, give us a call at (908) 281-0800 to schedule your comprehensive eye exam. We can suggest changes in your digital work habits or prescribe specialized eyeglasses that can improve your productivity, comfort and vision.