Introducing our new “Cirrus HD-OCT”
This is our final announcement in our 7 part series on new technologies to improve patient care at Advanced Eyecare & Vision Gallery:
We are excited to announce our new state-of-the-art glaucoma and retinal health assessment tool – the “Cirrus™ HD-OCT”. The Cirrus™ HD-OCT performs a powerful test to help doctors identify early signs of eye disease that can lead to irreversible blindness. Diseases such as glaucoma, macular degeneration and diabetic retinopathy tend to progress without any pain in the early stages. And age is a major risk factor for development of many eye conditions. That is why it is vital to get tested for these conditions early with the Cirrus HD-OCT.
Early detection and monitoring is very important in making important decisions about your vision. The earlier a disease is discovered, the less difficult it is to treat. Call us today to schedule your Cirrus HD-OCT exam at 908-281-0800. Our friendly staff will help answer your questions.
Advanced Eyecare & Vision Gallery is committed to being in the forefront of industry-defining advancements and is dedicated to providing our patients with the most superior technologies available. Your eye health and vision care is our top priority and we thank all our patients for allowing us to serve your eye care needs.
Lastly, we’ve rounded up all the important announcements this year regarding our new technologies to improve patient care so you can read about them in one place:
- Eyezen lenses – designed to help you see clearly and reduce eye strain.
- ODP III Wavefront system – designed to better evaluate your unique needs and provide you with the best possible vision.
- Advanced Eyecare & Vision Gallery has been certified as a Dry Eye Center of Excellence – can prescribe and administer advanced treatments for Dry Eye Disease by Bio-Tissue, the industry leader in regenerative tissue therapies and ocular hygiene products for lid margin and ocular surface diseases.
- Our new optomap the Daytona P200T. It is the most technically advanced diagnostic tool that will allow us to discover abnormalities, confirm the health of your retina and diagnose any potentially harmful diseases. This state-of-the art diagnostic tool offers widefield fundus autofluorescence (FAF) imaging. Fundus autofluorescence or FAF provides important information about the deepest layers of the retina, the RPE which controls the elimination of waste products in the retina and the photoreceptor layer which converts light into usable vision. Fundus autofluorescence allows early diagnosis of retinal problems such as macular degeneration and retinal dystrophies. Early diagnosis allows intervention and the best possible treatment of sight-threatening conditions.
- Our TearLab Osmolarity system. Osmolarity is an important indicator of ocular surface health. It is a critical biomarker to measure when preparing the ocular surface for surgery, fitting contact lenses and managing dry eye. This marvelous system will allow us to measure increases and decreases in your eye’s osmolarity and aid in in your diagnosis and management of the ocular surface.
- Our new refractor the Marco TRS-5100 replaces the standard refraction process. Together with our new OPD-Scan III Wavefront system they create the XFRACTIONSM process. These remarkable instruments use the most advanced digital technology available to help us better evaluate your unique needs and provide you with the best possible vision. These instruments give us a comprehensive understanding of your complete visual system and optical pathway. Xfraction better simulates real life vision by filling your optical path with more diagnostic light rays that catch any imperfections that exist.
- The Cirrus HD- OCT – our new state-of-the-art glaucoma and retinal health assessment machine performs a powerful test to help doctors identify early signs of eye disease that can lead to irreversible blindness. Diseases such as glaucoma, macular degeneration and diabetic retinopathy tend to progress without any pain in the early stages. Age is a major risk factor for development of many eye conditions. That is why it is vital to get tested for these conditions early with the Cirrus HD-OCT. The earlier a disease is discovered, the less difficult it is to treat.